From Our Blog
Who Uses the DLC?
- Cross the boundaries of your “siloed” program and meet people from other parts of campus while using our spaces.
- Learn to make a website and improve your online presence.
- Use our recording booths to record a Skype call or job interview.
- Come to our co-working suite to work on a group project.
- Get 1-on-1 assistance, feedback, and advice from your peers.
- Make your online course materials more user-friendly and interesting.
- Get formatting help for your book project.
- Participate in a brainstorming exercise to generate new ideas for class activities.
- Hold your class in a flexible, rearrangeable space.
- Learn about distance collaboration, flipped classrooms, and current pilot projects.
- Learn how to be an effective manager.
- Create a podcast or webinar.
- Find willing partners to participate in a new exciting initiative.
- Get ideas to spruce up your upcoming presentation.
- Meet other people and groups from across the Middlebury enterprise.
Resources, Tips, and Tutorials
Places on Campus to go for Help
The DLC does not function alone. We are uniquely positioned to connect with people and groups across campus and across the entire Middlebury community. We work on a variety of cross-organizational projects through our many partnerships. These are just a few examples of the DLC’s partners and collaborative projects.
Office of Digital Learning
MiddCreate is a Middlebury digital initiative that provides spaces on the web where students, faculty, and staff can explore, learn, and create a digital identity that is owned and managed by them. The MiddCreate pilot ran from fall 2015-summer 2016. It officially launched in the fall of 2016. The DLC and ODL collaborated in getting the project off the ground and continue to work together to support, grow, and strengthen the initiative.
MIcommunity is an incoming student portal run by MIIS Admissions where new students can get to know each other, learn about MIIS, and get excited about starting their graduate school experience in Monterey. It’s housed inside the Canvas learning management system. The DLC has supported Admissions in getting the community set up and in running the pilot project.
There are a variety of modern ways to reach prospective students, and one is through online webinars. The Office of Recruiting is hosting a series of professionally-produced live webinars with assistance from the DLC. The webinars are also recorded and stored online for future viewing.