In our on-going attempts to explore emerging practices and learning opportunities for professional development, the DLC is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a local learning cohort of participants in the Coursera course: Powerful Tools for Teaching and Learning: Digital Storytelling.
The 5-week MOOC (massive open online course), scheduled to run September 8 – October 12, 2014, will be our sandbox and digital storytelling techniques and tools will be our goal!
DLC Staff and interested faculty, staff, and students will meet weekly in the DLC Design Space to share hybrid learning experiences, review course topics, and support one another toward achieving and applying course learning goals.
Our working hypothesis is that a well designed Coursera course offers an open framework for social, peer-driven learning, collaboration, and co-creation.
Topics to be Covered During the 5-week Course
- Week 1: Choosing a topic and purpose
- Week 2: Writing an effective script and creating a storyboard
- Week 3: Recording audio narration
- Week 4: Using technology to build a digital story
- Week 5: Revising, publishing and sharing the final digital story for use in the classroom
- Complete the Coursera Course
- Attend weekly meet-ups in the DLC
- 2-4 hours/week engaging with content and the learning cohort
Sign Up To Participate!
1. Register for the Coursera course online here: https://www.coursera.org/course/digitalstorytelling
2. Fill out the DLC Participation Form below by Friday, September 5, 2014: