The DLC offers customized support for students, faculty, staff, and the broader MIIS community in the form of individual consultations and group workshop trainings. We also offer the D Sp@ce for communal use.
We encourage you to contact us and visit the DLC for help with projects you are working on.
Getting Help at the DLC – Drop–ins and Appointments
MIIS faculty, staff, and students can drop-in to the DLC for help, Mon-Fri. Just look for anyone wearing a name tag or lanyard; we are all happy to help!
Graduate assistants and staff are on hand to field questions and assist with projects that might include a variety of tools with digital or design components:
Audio & Video Help
- Video Editing (iMovie, YouTube Editor, Final Cut Pro)
- Audio Recording and Editing, Podcasting, MIIS Radio (Garage Band, Audacity, Camtasia)
- Digital Storytelling (Garage Band, Audacity, Camtasia)
- Voiceover Lectures (Garage Band, Audacity, Camtasia)
- Webinars, Screen Recording (Skype, Camtasia)
- Course Resources, Links (Moodle, Adobe Connect, CourseHub)
Presentation & Graphic Design
- Photo Editing (Photoshop, PicMonkey)
- Presentation Tools (Keynote, Powerpoint, Prezi)
- Digital Signs, Fliers, Banners, Posters, etc. (Powerpoint, Keynote, Canva, Photoshop Word, Easel.ly, InDesign)
Blogging & Web Tools
- Website Design, Course Portfolios, Blogging (WordPress, Weebly, Blogger)
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Data Analysis (Excel)—Help given in collaboration with META Lab
- Design Thinking, Idea Development
Request an Appointment for a Consultation
Students or faculty requiring more advanced support are welcome to set up appointments with specific staff or GAs. Link to: Appointment Request Form
Skill-Building Workshops & Resources
We also occasionally host a series of skill-building workshops in the Design-Sp@ce located in the McGowan Building at 420 Calle Principal St.
We would like to remind you about our campus-wide access to Lynda.com online video training and tutorials for software you or your students may be working with. To access these videos go to http://go.miis.edu/lynda and login with your MIIS username and password.
Course Project Support
We’ve had great success in consulting with classes that are integrating website projects, presentation skills, digital stories, podcasting and tele-collaboration.
Reserving the D Sp@ce
Our Design Sp@ce is a common area that you can customize to your needs, such as classroom-style, lounge area, or small working groups. We encourage students and faculty to reserve the D Sp@ce for classes, events and projects. When not reserved, it’s open to all as a place to come study, have meetings, or just hang out between classes. View our online availability calendar here.
We have two recording booths set up with microphones and software to record podcasts or presentations. Fill out a recording booth reservation form here.