DLC staff are pleased to host this workshop as an introduction to Middlebury’s pilot of the integrated video asset management and screen-casting platform: Panopto.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
In-Person: DLC Learning Lab (above the Design Space in McGowan Bldg)
Can’t make it in person? Join us for a LIVE CAMPFIRE WEBCAST or catch the video afterwards!
During this interactive session participants will 1) share and consider how they are currently using web-based video in their teaching, training, or learning; and 2) with the assistance of DLC staff work through an interactive demonstration of how to do the following:
- Login to Middlebury Panopto via SSO (single-sign on) at http://go.miis.edu/panopto
- Install the Panopto App on own computer (Windows or Mac-compatible)
- Record a screencast video with the Panopto desktop application (e.g. voice over short powerpoint slide-deck)
- Upload video to Panopto
- Review sharing settings (permissions, link, embed)
- Add discussion notes
- Embed a video on a webpage
- Panopto editor (cutting, add link, Table of Content)
- Integration with Course Hub
- Editing with Camtasia (production value, multi-track annotations)
- Linking to quizzes in videos