Are you looking to improve your Excel skills? Does the phrase Microsoft Excel make you nervous? Fear not friends, META LAB and the DLC are collaborating once again to provide a series of Excel workshops to support the MIIS community. The sessions will take place in CF442, Pac Lab. All you need to bring is yourself! Your instructors will be META Lab GRA Elizabeth Fisher, and MBA-IEP alumnus Kevin Morenzi. When used properly, Microsoft Excel can be an extremely powerful tool to display, organize, and analyze large data sets. The series will contain hidden tips and tricks in addition to exercises that will make you an Excel champion in no time. Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the maximum capacity of the Pac Lab is 30 people. Seating/computers will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Excel Learning Series features a cumulative curriculum and will build from intro content into advanced applications.
- Friday, September 22, 12 – 2 pm, Pac Lab
- Thursday, September 28, 6 – 8 pm, Pac Lab
- Friday, October 6, 12 – 2 pm, Pac Lab
- Thursday, October 12, 6 – 8 pm, Pac Lab
- Friday, October 20, 12 – 2 pm, Pac Lab
- Thursday, October 26, 6 – 8 pm, Pac Lab
- Friday, November 3, 12 – 2 pm, Pac Lab
- Friday, Dec 1, 12 – 2 pm, Pac Lab
Click the sign-up button to get access to series learning materials! You only need to sign up once — we’ll keep you posted on future sessions. Note that the maximum capacity of the Pac Lab is 30 people. Seating/computers will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Signing up does not guarantee you a seat.
Lynda.com is an incredible online resource offering guided video tutorials and step by step instructions for all sorts of digital tools. As a member of the Middlebury community you have premium access. Here’s how it works:
- Visit go.miis.edu/lynda
- Input your MIIS login credentials
- Search “Excel Essential Learning”
Topics for future sessions will be added here. Sign up above to receive updates.
Session 2: Making and Using Tables
- Table creation
- Basic data cleaning
- Find & Select
- Freezing panes
- Cleaning a table
Session 1: Intro to Excel (passed)
- Cursor, cells, formula bar, tabs, worksheets, templates, fonts, copy and paste, wrapping text, and the minitoolbar
- Entering data
- Autofill, undo/redo, comments
- Writing basic formulas, copying formulas, stabilizing formulas
- Grade sheets, budgets