Get ready to communicate like a BOSS! Check in with your supervisor at the start of your shift. Chat with other members of the team. Check in on the various Slack channels we have going on, like different blog feeds, our memes, or #random.
What to do
Your task here is to get set up with Slack and familiarize yourself with how it works. From here on out, you must be on Slack during your shifts. (You do not need to be available on Slack when you are not working. We’re not that demanding.)
- First you need access. Send an email to Bob or Evelyn to get your account set up.
- Next customize your profile and add a picture.
- If you’re on your personal computer or phone, you can download the Slack desktop application or the mobile app.
- Explore the channels and subscribe to the ones that interest you.
- Finally, post a message on the #general channel to introduce yourself to the team. Use this prompt: Take a picture of your lunch. What did you eat? Why? Was it good? Explain.
- Take a screenshot of your message to show you have completed this Tiny Gig.
In order to complete this Tiny Gig
Upload your image to one of the following places:
- The DLC website Media
- Your personal website Media
- Google Drive
- Another space of your choice where your image can be viewable at a URL
Make sure the image is publicly available, and copy the public URL.
Click “Add My Gig” below.
Add a title to your Gig, and paste the URL to your image into the space provided, along with any explanatory text you’d like to include.
Example for "First Slack Message":
Ready to Complete This Gig?
After you do this gig, please share it so it can appear with other responses below. If your response exists at a public viewable URL, you can add the information directly to this site (it will appear pending moderator approval).